Cloudy

HUD Feedback!

HUD  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the HUD layout?

• Yes
    • No (If so please provide a reason!)

Hello everyone!

I've unfortunately heard that people are unhappy with the layout of the HUD within the mod, therefore I'm making this post today to try and rectify what's wrong and make any necessary changes people would like! If you vote 'No' within the poll, please provide a reason as to why since this gives us the best information for us to make the necessary changes. If you vote 'Yes' no reply is necessary however if you have something to add don't feel discouraged to if you vote yes.

Screenshot: 

Spoiler

Main HUD - (There is also a Ghostrun version of this HUD, everything is the same however you have a Ghostrun options box explaining what to do. For example, Press [frag] to exit) Life icon is green due to having a life.

wxbELYb.jpg

• Upvote 3

It looks great and simplistic to me which I like. The only things I noticed that I'm wondering about were:

1. What's the + with the 100% in the bottom left? I considered it to be health, but then I noticed that there is also the heart in the bottom right which could indicate health (or maybe lives)? So I'm just curious what each of those are associated with.

2. The big box in the bottom right next to the heart seems a bit too big for the tiny text. It's fine for the large number, but the text looks somewhat funky there.

• Upvote 1

1. Yeah you where right on both things :P 

2. I think I agree

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Pain. said:

It looks great and simplistic to me which I like. The only things I noticed that I'm wondering about were:

1. What's the + with the 100% in the bottom left? I considered it to be health, but then I noticed that there is also the heart in the bottom right which could indicate health (or maybe lives)? So I'm just curious what each of those are associated with.

2. The big box in the bottom right next to the heart seems a bit too big for the tiny text. It's fine for the large number, but the text looks somewhat funky there.

1.) Health

2.) Some weapons have like 100 ammo in their clip therefore it needs to be that large to support weapons such as the RPD and LMG's. I'll make it slightly smaller however it won't be much of a difference. Also some weapons have bigger names (mainly melee weapons) such as 'Slash N' Burn' and some weapons such as 'MW3 Desert Eagle'.

Forgot to say this, but thanks to everyone so far for all the feedback!

• Upvote 2

yeah but i dont like that green color lol :P imo would look better a neonish green

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Viper3D said:

yeah but i dont like that green color lol :P imo would look better a neonish green

@MiKeY how would you feel about this? The reason it's that darker green is due to it matching the exact colour of the pXg logo however I'm quite happy to change it if that's what people would like :)

Personally, I always preferred the OG glowing blue hud that pXg had back in the day.

Your hud on the other hand is very nice and simplistic, something puts me off but I can't quite put my finger on what it is exactly :sweat:

Edit: I believe a little more colour would make it pop a little better.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Fedzor said:

Personally, I always preferred the OG glowing blue hud that pXg had back in the day.

Your hud on the other hand is very nice and simplistic, something puts me off but I can't quite put my finger on what it is exactly :sweat:

Edit: I believe a little more colour would make it pop a little better.

Thanks for the feedback however unless you can say what you don't like about it there's nothing I can change unfortunately. Try to think what's not 'clicking' for you and I'll try to do the best I can to meet the communities expectation.

Also for the second point you added, this is currently being looked at and I'll add an update to this post if we decide to change anything.

Maybe a option to change the hud colors by your liking? Pop-up a menu and choose which colors you want and save it. Must be overwritten in the file somewhere. I don't know if this is possible but should be I think. Otherwise looks fine with me with the current design, altough I don't get the twice health bars left and right. One with the percentage and one with the heart design.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BosnianArmy said:

Maybe a option to change the hud colors by your liking? Pop-up a menu and choose which colors you want and save it. Must be overwritten in the file somewhere. I don't know if this is possible but should be I think. Otherwise looks fine with me with the current design, altough I don't get the twice health bars left and right. One with the percentage and one with the heart design.

The heart icon in the bottom right signifies when you have a life. For example, dark grey with no lives and green with a life.

6 hours ago, Matt. said:

The heart icon in the bottom right signifies when you have a life. For example, dark grey with no lives and green with a life.

Ah.. forgot about that one lol

• Upvote 1