MiKeY

Updates to do with Deathrun and Other stuff

Hi All,

So recently it has been made blatantly obvious that I haven't been keeping an active and healthy dialog with the community about where the community is at and what we have in the works or what we have planned. For this I wholesomely apologies.

To work towards sorting this out I would like to update everyone on the status of the things we are doing.

Deathrun

Well, I wouldn't have ever gotten out of this alive if this wasn't the first thing I mentioned. I am very sorry about the delays, miss communication and the lack of communication. So, where are we today with Deathrun? Well, I'm glad you asked!

We have a lot of the mod done! we started from the original sources and worked our way up and have built the mod in a way that tries to mix the best parts of the PXG mod with the Best parts of the old Raid mod as well as throwing in a lot of new features and pretty things.

Quick fire round:

• When will it be done? - I honestly don't know, I can't put a time on it. I'd like it to be finished by the end of the month... I want it to be done then but I don't know when it will be done due to @Matt.'s and my schedules. I can ensure you that we will be announcing it everywhere when it's done!
  • Why is it not done yet! - Lives... Mainly. Lack of motivation partly, Personally issues, work, etc. Bla Bla boring. We started mid August 2017 and we have been working on it for a few months here and there. We have started working on again recently and thats why I think it's okay to say it might be done by the end of the month
  • Does it have Lives - Yes, but only if you are a VIP or you earn them.
  • Does it have cool stuff - Yes
  • Are leaderboards and fastest times fixed - Yes
  • Does it have RTD - No
  • Can we see previews - No! Haha... I mean, You will see it when it's ready.
  • How often will the mod be updated after Release? - Don't laugh but we are aiming to do a minor / bug fix / new small features update every month. As well as that we would like to do a major update every 6 months where we will take the feedback from the community and apply large scale fixes and changes.
  • Ask more if you want to know more.

Servers in General and everything else.

As for most of the other servers, we've closed most of them down now. The only ones left are Deathrun and Promod as you can most likely guess. We've shut down the Eu servers semi permanently and we've shut down CJ and all other servers due to a lack of players and lack of time to manage the servers.

As well as the players issue, at the time of closing them down we where also changing a lot of the way we run PXG to lower the monthly cost due the dip in donations. We are eggar to start some of the servers back up but we want to give the mods a clean up and get the server instances running cleanly before we do. As well as that needing to be done we will likely not start that work until we see an outcry for the other server I think we are going to keep it to the two for now. This allows us to focus on the Deathrun mod too :D

As for everything else, here is a quick update,

When it comes to anything regarding PXG, please bring it to me instead of Nick or Sharp. Nick has taken a back seat and is happy to continue being part of the community and will keep the lights on but other than that he has stepped down from the 'Doing stuff' role. He does still manage our servers though :P. Shap has a life and is pretty busy with work and playing other games so from what I understand, he'd be happier if you didn't contact him on a PXG Related thing.

You can always contact me here on the forums via Pm's or in discord at MiKeY#3704 or if you are old you can use the emails ( mikey@pxg.me ). I'm happy to talk about what ever and any general question or hate you are welcome to send my way. If you have any suggestions then I do prefer for it to be posted on the forums so others can share their input too.

Everything Else

I'm working on the following things for PXG: Deathrun (duh), Map rotation picker, Leaderboards, Nicer theme, Better servers page, Nicer logo? I need help with this one, Better B3 ( Join commands, More logical permission set, More commands, Real Rank saving, more ), And lots of less interesting things. All of those things are being worked on but none of them have end dates other than the Map rotation picker which is aimed at being done with the Dr mod.

I Hope this updates everyone. If you have more questions then simply post bellow and I'll be sure to answer them and update the topic to include them.

• Upvote 2

Cool.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Very excited.

yahoo

1 hour ago, ActuallyMist said:

.com

here mate yer no even funny ye wantin a scrap ootside ma gaff

here a love being scottish

• Upvote 1

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:21 PM, Ryzo said: