MiKeY

Positions Available, Updated Mappers wanted!

Hi all,

We've had some positions available within the community for a while so I'd like to offer them officially to everyone to see if we can start getting them filled.

Please note you can apply for any or all of these positions but status and reputation in the community will be taken into account. You do not need to be an active part of the community for any developer roles but you will need to be able to work closely with the owners, myself and the Community Mangers.

We are looking for

• Mappers
    • We are looking for someone with good -> impressive ability with radient and the CoD4 engine and reasonable knowledge of how to make deathrun maps specifically.
    • We are looking to have more than one person but one person will to do start with.
    • You are not, NOT, required to have any scripting knowledge, all of the coding side of things can be dealt with either by me or someone else. If you want to do it then you're welcome to although you will need to learn our internal mapping api to produce high quality scripts.
    • You will need to be able to create maps with clear themes and maps that play to the advantages of deathrun.
    • You will needs to be able to work in a team and community with the mod developers directly.
    • You will need to have a reasonable dedication to making maps and have a pretty good turn over rate. We're looking at a map a month but maybe longer.

• Youtubers / Video editors.
    • I don't really know what the main role here would be. You would need to be able to edit videos with a consistant style and  of reasonable quality.
    • You will need to be able to handle all types of feedback and would need to understand your audience.
    • Ideally this would be a group effort so let me know and we can continue from there.

• Screenshotters
    • Really simple one but I need someone to come and help out with this one.
    • I need screenshots of every DR map
    • You'd need to be able to work with me
      • Have a lot of patients
      • A good ish computer for high res...
      • Other things? contact me and we're talk more.

• Python Master
    • We are looking for anyone with good -> impressive skills with Python to take on the B3 side of the servers.
    • You will need to have an in-depth or at least reasonable amount of knowledge in Python as well as B3's internals.
    • You will need to have good -> impressive skills with running and deploying b3 instances and will need good understanding of working with Linux servers. Specifically Debian and Ubuntu.
    • You will need to have good communication skills and Slack installed.
    • You will need to be able to work closely with the owners and be able to keep detailed logs of what has been changed and if applicable what systems have been changed to work with anything you might write for B3.
    • You will need to be able to work with Git ( I am happy to teach you )

• Asset Porter / Modeller
    • We are looking for someone that has good -> impressive skills with Porting models, anims, sounds, etc.
    • This is wholesomely a part time position. We only need assets some of the time but as we develop more mods I'm sure we can use the skills
    • As with the rest, You will need good communication skills, Ability to work as a team, bla bla :P

• Skinner / Graphics Designer
    • First and for most we are looking for someone with skills in the skinning department of CoD4. If you are good at creating skins and have evidence of this then you qualify.
    • If you are more interested in being a Graphics Designer for the community then you will need a solid portfolio showing us what you can do and you You will need good communication skills, Ability to work as a team, bla bla :P

• GSC MASTER
    • If you are impressive -> fucking god like then you are perfect for this position. You will need to be able to demonstrate your abilities to me and we will take it from there.
    • Other than that, You will need
      • To be able to work with Git ( I am happy to teach you )
      • You will need good communication skills, Ability to work as a team, bla bla :P
      • You will need to be able to document your work and follow a common standard of code quality
      • You will need to be able to deal with constructive criticism

• Others:
    • We are also looking for any of the bellow but at the moment we don't need the position filled instantly. So if you know anyone or you are the someone then please get in contact. I'd love to talk.
      • Experienced PHP Devs,
      • Experienced Node Devs,
      • Experienced GoLang Devs
      • Experienced Frontend Devs

If you are interested in any of the above then message me Via DM's or via any of my socials listed here: https://mikey.pro or you can email me at [email protected] You do not have to fix the bill perfectly, this isn't a paid position, we are looking for help with any of the above and we'd be happy with anyone that is between the point of useful -> very helpful :D

If you feel that there is other positions to fill and would like to offer help in other ways then please feel free to contact me regarding your feelings on the matter and we can take it from there.

Note: You do not need to make an application topic. You can, but you do not have to. Just get in contact with me.

• Upvote 1

Dont see it up there so you must have forgotten but I'd like to take up a position as Owner.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Acnologia said:

Dont see it up there so you must have forgotten but I'd like to take up a position as Owner.

Haha, That position is taken up with enough people that don't do anything. Although Community Lead is basically going to be the second highest position

Can a still be an admin when we become alive again :( 

Serious question @MiKeY

• Upvote 2

i would do the graphic design but i dont know how to draw on pc programs ;/

but i could also do community lead, you know ive been here since 2015 anyway and am still not 80, cough like josh and blake, cough i was here like some months b4 them

im pretty active now that i actually have time on my hands so yeah

if you wanna know more pm me @MiKeY or msg me in discord name is just stormz on discord

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Viper3D said:

i would do the graphic design but i dont know how to draw on pc programs ;/

but i could also do community lead, you know ive been here since 2015 anyway and am still not 80, cough like josh and blake, cough i was here like some months b4 them

im pretty active now that i actually have time on my hands so yeah

if you wanna know more pm me @MiKeY or msg me in discord name is just stormz on discord

image.png.77e98370847797a11f256a6ccc148aec.png

image.png.c02751c3b40a533ddc2ee972360ed283.png

image.png.e016ae5be01ae9b2776aad0d7a1a10b7.png

Wot

• Upvote 3

Lmfao

10 hours ago, MiKeY said:

Haha, That position is taken up with enough people that don't do anything. Although Community Lead is basically going to be the second highest position

Exactly thats why owner is better I dont gotta do shit just sit back chilling and ban soap whenever he pisses me off

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pain. said:

image.png.77e98370847797a11f256a6ccc148aec.png

image.png.c02751c3b40a533ddc2ee972360ed283.png

image.png.e016ae5be01ae9b2776aad0d7a1a10b7.png

Wot

tbh i have like 10 dollars donated, but it says 0 ya know lmao

• Upvote 2

can i get my karma back 

im kidding

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

9 hours ago, dolan rodstick. said:

ight ill be server manager

would love to see this

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 13-5-2018 at 5:18 PM, Synd said:

I've considered getting back into mapping on Cod4, just to see what I'm capable of on an older engine. My only decent map on Cod4 imo was Shipment, but if you want to take a look at some of my more recent work, feel free.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=898429003 (Black Ops 3: Elevation)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1171712833 (Black Ops 3: Portside)

You must have a beast PC to render all that, ^quality maps

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, z0mbie said:

Late to the show, wall of text inbound.

I know the majority of you guys don't play CoD4 for Promod, but I still felt like posting this even if it's just to make myself feel better. Providing Promod stays up, I believe there is potential to get the server populated again given a few changes. I'm also going to preface this by saying my general knowledge of modding/server upkeep is fairly lackluster, and only got to be the Server Manager because of my expressed interest in the game a good time ago.

Since the unexpected failure of my new motherboard last December I have been devoid of my desktop, leaving me without access to the Promod server (truth be told I hadn't touched the access in a few months prior as well). This is obviously not a big deal as the only thing that is ever needing to be done is just restarting the server since our mod doesn't like any other game mode other than custom_public, causing it to crash if we switch maps whilst on another game mode. Thank you Mikey for putting it back up when it crashed recently (and Nick in the past of course).

As we all have come to be aware, the Server Manager rank doesn't mean much nowadays, and didn't as much back in the day either (probably mostly when we had CS, CoD4, and Minecraft did it ever "mean" much, as these people actually had servers to work on).

This aside I actively plan on pursuing the growth of our Promod server despite the dying/dead scene. Truthfully this is probably more for my interests than for pXg as a whole, but as long as I have pXg as a means to an end I will stand by and promote it of course. 

Now to let you all in on what I plan on doing, as far as this summer goes I'm most likely going to have very little time to devote to my interests (playing Promod, coming on teamspeak, etc) since I will be busy working overtime to pay for rent next year. With this in mind, I have compiled a small list of possible changes which I believe will benefit the server and plan to work towards them if possible (more than likely not until the end of summer or early fall). This includes a possible rework of our current mod or pml_220 and the implementation of CoD4x.

As I just mentioned I am toying with the concept of a new/edited mod. That would be new territory for me so there is a strong chance I will just use a slightly altered version of default pml_220 if I cannot find the devotion or time to learn (if this did occur, the new mod would be incredibly basic, as I hold resentment for overly-flashy Promod servers such as the ones which are incredibly populated nowadays). In addition to this, the server will ideally be updated to CoD4x so we can be included on the CoD4x server list and attract new players (this decision is further backed up from the standpoint that Steam has decided to auto-update CoD4 for "security reasons" twice now, going from 1.6 and then to 1.8 for some reason). We already have a decent player base who will join if they see the server is populated, but the times at which that is true are too far in between to get consistent players like we used to. This can be seen below, where we had ~8-10 players every few days when I was active playing a couple weeks ago. If the data could stretch back a few months more, it would be slightly increased.

cb4fa94357.png 

I know this effects very few of you, but to those who do care about Promod and enjoy playing on our server I hope these possible changes are agreeable given the current position the server is in now. I will continue to make Promod videos and promote the server like I always have, as I have seen multiple people in our server claiming to have come from my Youtube. Said videos will continue to be uploaded to my channel, which can be found here.

Thanks for reading guys, especially if this did not pertain to you. I just wanted to articulate myself finally and get my thoughts out there that I have had for the past few months.

tl;dr: Our Promod server obviously isn't in the best place right now; partially due to my lack of attention to the server and the growing acceptance of 1.8 as the mainstay for CoD4, causing our server to be consistently overshadowed to new players. I plan on doing some work in the future for my own personal interest given I have the time. Best case scenario this includes a reworked mod and the implementation of CoD4x, hopefully opening the server up to people who couldn't see it before. 

As the official Usurper of pXg, I approve.

200.gif

Happy to see thoughts of changing things with promod so more people would play. Just need to add some rainbow smokes and our player count will skyrocket :laugh:

• Upvote 1

^Tommy, you cuck! I need you back... We need our promod pug ringleader. :D

• Upvote 1

A competitive promod team for pXg could be beneficial. You could have a team leader (presumably z0mbie), and then Promod Members, and we could schedule things like wars (if those are still a thing). There could be separate groups on the forums for these positions as well. I was on the IceOps promod team for a long time and honestly it was some of the most fun I'd ever had on Cod4. You could open up an application system and have people apply for the team. Just an idea, but I think it would be awesome. FYI: I know we've talked about this at some point and I don't remember why we didn't do it.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Synd said:

competitive promod team for pXg

c31.png

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Alan said:

c31.png

i have to agree with this

On May 19, 2018 at 10:11 PM, Synd said:

A competitive promod team for pXg could be beneficial. You could have a team leader (presumably z0mbie), and then Promod Members, and we could schedule things like wars (if those are still a thing). There could be separate groups on the forums for these positions as well. I was on the IceOps promod team for a long time and honestly it was some of the most fun I'd ever had on Cod4. You could open up an application system and have people apply for the team. Just an idea, but I think it would be awesome. FYI: I know we've talked about this at some point and I don't remember why we didn't do it.

This is still a thing? 

Greetings, you fucking cucks!

I'd be down to tickle my pickle and help out where I can. I am a PROFESSIONAL working in INDUSTRY now a days and know more than any of your fools. Okay, all non-joking joking aside, I would be down to assist in any way possible. Okay, not any way. I am not down to help MiKey with C stuff.

But I can actually be a productive manager/owner/whatever when I want to be. I could probably help straighten things out around here, maybe. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Sharpienero said:

Greetings, you fucking cucks!

I'd be down to tickle my pickle and help out where I can. I am a PROFESSIONAL working in INDUSTRY now a days and know more than any of your fools. Okay, all non-joking joking aside, I would be down to assist in any way possible. Okay, not any way. I am not down to help MiKey with C stuff.

But I can actually be a productive manager/owner/whatever when I want to be. I could probably help straighten things out around here, maybe. 

(maybe) thats not promising

• Upvote 2