Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick

help me fix my computer :(

for some reason my entire windows interface is black and white

does this look black and white to you?

x1m6Spw.png

this will help me determine if the issue is software or hardware related

also any suggestions would be nice. i couldnt find the fix on the first page of google. may be a windows insider issue.

is your monitor set to black n white?

did you install any new drivers today? if so delete them

5 minutes ago, Soap said:

is your monitor set to black n white

are you fuckin dumb, the screenshot would be in color still ugly head

@Nick I did some minor research cause I don't care enough but what I found is that if you have amd, then uninstall those drives and reinstall, might work for NVidia too dunno. if not try color calibration?

not amd, but i realized in full screen games like osu i have color just fine lol. idk maybe windows 10 insider glitch. graphics drivers reinstalled and settings reset didnt help.

9 minutes ago, Nick said:

not amd, but i realized in full screen games like osu i have color just fine lol. idk maybe windows 10 insider glitch. graphics drivers reinstalled and settings reset didnt help.

What are your specs? Sounds like you might have to reformat.

3 hours ago, Nick said:

Tried using your montherboards default port? Might be a hardware issues. Pretty quick and simple thing to try. If you have another pc laying around then I'd suggest stealing it's hard drive and booting into windows. See if it's an OS thing. Is it black and white in the bios? 

21 minutes ago, MiKeY said:

Might be a hardware issues.

How can it be a hardware thing if he SSed and it was in b&w? Something is limiting his colors from inside of windows 100%.

2 minutes ago, Sharpienero said:

How can it be a hardware thing if he SSed and it was in b&w? Something is limiting his colors from inside of windows 100%.

When working on shit like this you try everything so I was suggested a little bit of everything. 

Just make sure that little bit of everything isn't something that wouldn't effect it at all

Make sure you're removing graphic drivers and anything else related to the graphic card before reinstalling the drivers

lol i found the setting... not sure if this is part of the windows insider build im on but it can be toggled with windows key + control + c. i must have pressed windows key while copying something and thats when it happened.

rq3oOeX.png

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

lol i found the setting... not sure if this is part of the windows insider build im on but it can be toggled with windows key + control + c. i must have pressed windows key while copying something and thats when it happened.

rq3oOeX.png

Is indeed your insider build. High contrast currently looks (not) like this on 1703 YNJyzc9.png