Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MiKeY

Suggestions for NA Deathrun

Hi :heart:

I've got some suggestions from the bugs and suggestions section on the forums but it's only 'some' and I'd love to have some more up to date suggestions about the current state of the NA Deathrun server.

Anything to fix? Anything you want? Put your suggestions bellow and I'll read through them all and add them to the todo list. We'll also add them to the new Dr mod that will be for NA & EU.

Please remember though this is only for NA Deathrun.

Few things that come to mind 

Suggestion
Add More Levels/prestiges: in the current NA mod you get 5 prestiges and can level to 50, most people who play NA have hit this a while ago and if you have VIP (Double XP) can hit it insanely fast. More levels (or prestiges) would give me and other the incentive to want to play again.

Diffrent Rewards for Prestiging: currently when you prestige in NA you unlock a perk, the problem is the only useful perk currently is the one unlocked at prestige 1 (Extreme Conditioning). My recommendation would be to add things such as knifes, guns, or even character models to each prestige and completely ditch the idea of unlocking perks as most of the perks unlocked are just completely useless. 

Fix
Broken Maps: Many maps don't work on the NA server, no idea why. For example if an admin changes the map to something not in the rotation most of the time it will crash the server. I honestly don't remember the exact maps that this happens on but i'm sure someone like @soap could help me remember. It would be really nice to have this fixed and be able to play some new maps and get a completely new rotation. 

me sleepy and cant think of mayn things sorry:<

4 hours ago, Seren said:

snip

Add More Levels/prestiges: This is on the drawing board for the new mod. So we're going to have 8 prestiges and each goes up to level 80. After 8th prestige you will go into the master prestige of which will go up to level 999. This will give you dynamic rewards for each time you rank up. So things like xp boots, Double xp for a round / game, extra life, etc. They will become less special but I will try to add some rare ones in there like guns that can't be unlocked normally. ( I will be doing the code side of master prestige but @Cloudy will be handling everything else. As it stands the mod already has the prestige and rank increase )

Diffrent Rewards for Prestiging: Completely agree. The new mod is having this done to it right now and I will be sure to see what I can do to the current mod :) 

Fix Broken Maps: @Hot Ramen ( I think thats soap ). I need a list of broken maps and whats wrong with them. :heart:

12 hours ago, MiKeY said:

Add More Levels/prestiges= to the current mod :)  :heart:

Yeah me and @Seren tested some maps but intentionally breaking the server is harder than randomly breaking the server.

he did make a short list tho so yeah.

5 hours ago, Hot Ramen said:

Yeah me and @Seren tested some maps but intentionally breaking the server is harder than randomly breaking the server.

he did make a short list tho so yeah.

I can relatively easily add more ranks and prestiges in but It'll likely only be a lazy integration because of the new mod.

@MiKeY can u allow 60's to reset ranks of rank hackers i personaly have banned so many kids and our player base is dropping so instead of banning  can we just reset so they still play? second offense permban???

17 hours ago, MiKeY said:

I can relatively easily add more ranks and prestiges 

yes the 1k levcels and 8 prestiges would be lit do it

2 hours ago, Ayenonemus said:

@MiKeY can u allow 60's to reset ranks of rank hackers i personaly have banned so many kids and our player base is dropping so instead of banning  can we just reset so they still play? second offense permban???

This would be completely useless considering the majority of rank hackers are new players and they even come back on new key codes to do it again. A simple ban solves the issue much quicker than that.

13 hours ago, Ayenonemus said:

The playerbase is dropping due to the popularity of the mod declining, however there still is a playerbase to be obtained and we're hoping to do this with the release of the new mod to draw more and more people in. Not to mention the busiest time of death run servers is the summer due to holidays.

15 hours ago, Space said:

This would be completely useless considering the majority of rank hackers are new players and they even come back on new key codes to do it again. A simple ban solves the issue much quicker than that.

On EU (50) admins can setranks. Only had 1 person come back and rank hack again after deranking them and I've reset a lot of people.

6 hours ago, Karma said:

On EU (50) admins can setranks. Only had 1 person come back and rank hack again after deranking them and I've reset a lot of people.

thanks! see it is a fact it works so rip