Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MiKeY

Reporting Staff anonymously

Due to some things I've been hearing through the people in the community, I have decided to improve the way that Reporting Staff members is done and handled. 

As of today, to report any staff member you can use this forum section https://precisiongaming.me/forum/97-report-admins/. I have outlined the rules for posting and that anything you post here is private. This section should be respected and not abused to try and 'annoy' my and nick or to try and 'get back at' staff if they have had to warn, kick, ban, etc you. For this same reason we ask that you come with evidence to support the report and as much information about what happened as you can. 

A big issue with the way reports used to be handled was that all moderator+ groups would be able to see the report and deal with it, read it, etc. Clearly this wasn't the right way to handle private and sensitive issues. With this change  the only people that can see the posts in this section are the poster, myself, and @Nick; we will take any and all report seriously even if it is about me or @Nick as fun as that will be ( Although me and Nick are pretty awesome... ). 

I hope this is a welcomed change :) Happy... gaming?... that sounds crumby... hmm. Peace! ( yeah, that was much cooler ).

Other admins may offer some great insight on a report. This could help not only the admin getting reported, but the individual that reported the admin to learn that maybe he overreacted and is in the wrong. Leaving you and Nick to do the task limits the amount of opinions on the matter and could lead to some unjustly actions.

1 hour ago, Karma said:

Other admins may offer some great insight on a report. This could help not only the admin getting reported, but the individual that reported the admin to learn that maybe he overreacted and is in the wrong. Leaving you and Nick to do the task limits the amount of opinions on the matter and could lead to some unjustly actions.

Completely understand but... Not really. We won't just act purely based on what is reported. We will take what is reported and talk to anyone that is included so we can make the correct decision. If we need more opinions then we will talk to anyone else that we might need :) 

18 hours ago, MiKeY said:

Due to some things I've been hearing through the people in the community, I have decided to improve the way that Reporting Staff members is done and handled. 

As of today, to report any staff member you can use this forum section https://precisiongaming.me/forum/97-report-admins/. I have outlined the rules for posting and that anything you post here is private. This section should be respected and not abused to try and 'annoy' my and nick or to try and 'get back at' staff if they have had to warn, kick, ban, etc you. For this same reason we ask that you come with evidence to support the report and as much information about what happened as you can. 

A big issue with the way reports used to be handled was that all moderator+ groups would be able to see the report and deal with it, read it, etc. Clearly this wasn't the right way to handle private and sensitive issues. With this change  the only people that can see the posts in this section are the poster, myself, and @Nick; we will take any and all report seriously even if it is about me or @Nick as fun as that will be ( Although me and Nick are pretty awesome... ). 

I hope this is a welcomed change :) Happy... gaming?... that sounds crumby... hmm. Peace! ( yeah, that was much cooler ).

idk what the fuck has happen i left the server so many people were recruited and it seems like a shit hole now, seems like a lot of people dont even play on servers anymore, well your most popular server (DR) atleast i think it was the last time i was on. and when people do stuff like this happens or something wrong,they should be punished ;) lmao.  just my words, my opinion not saying the server shit, or the community 

what im really trying to say is people who are inactive you should demote then start recruiting to people who actually know what to do and if they cant then demote them. 

by the way dont flame me just what i think

12 hours ago, Karma said:

It's similar to a real life investigation as I see it. Leave it to the authorities and if they need further evidence they'll ask witnesses basically 

To be fair I am kind of glad this is been put in, I mean I have never seen bad ways by an admin, but I guess its good to add now, just makes an admin like myself to be more responsible. As for myself I am not irresponsible admin, but anyways yeah, great feature? Add? idk.

Cheers @MiKeY