Klay

Should cuts like Scoria And Wtf Be allowed in deathrun. Official Poll.

Scoria and wtf cuts (Maybe more)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Should cuts like Scoria And Wtf Be allowed in deathrun?

• Yes
    • No

Off the topic started by DeeDre. 

Please state your reason for voting.

This isn't a debate topic so if you disagree with someone PM them.

This is only for the cuts and any other issue can be discussed with a server manager for Cod 4 Deathrun.

Good luck.

Deadline to vote is the 12.21.2016.

Initial reason and points remain

For clarification, this is not applicable to basic cuts (Ex: Using the first bounce on Scoria to jump bounce onto the rising platform to the side or skipping a small section of the course like Underworld's ones). This is specifically referring to the bounce/hopping to get to the end of the map on Scoria. As for WTF, turning back after the first bounce and using it again to get on top of the activator area, which then could be dropped down from to reach the end. The point of deathrun is for the jumpers to reach the end while the activators attempts to kill them all with his/her traps. The jumpers can avoid these traps using a plethora of different methods; however, certain methods such as these completely void the purpose of the activator. There is no way to activate properly (Scoria just has the spikes for the first trap before the cut, which can just be avoided entirely by hopping right from the start while the first two traps of WTF may as well nonexistent) on those who do these map skipping cuts. Not only does it prevent the activator from fulfilling his/her duties, it also prevents him/her from activating on the other jumpers when an end room is picked. The same sentiment can be applied to secrets at the start of the map that allows players to cut the entire course. I disagree with the inclusion of those secrets and personally would prefer for them to be removed. Obviously though, that won't happen since they were intended to be used in that manner by the mapper. The keyword being intended. Scoria's bounce and ability to hop towards the end of the map from spawn wasn't intended and Bumba (The map maker) clarified such himself. I can't speak on Phil's behalf, but guessing from his typically blatant secrets, I'll assume he didn't intend for that either since there's no indication prior or after the use of that specific bounce that it was a secret nor intentional. I would say that neither of these should be allowed due to the unfairness to both the activator along with the other jumpers who did the course in the intended way. 

• Upvote 1

Just for clarification to anyone voting on the topic right now it is only for these to specific cuts.

Hope that clears things up @Anti

These cuts make those maps fun, activators still have several chances to kill jumpers and the removal of these cuts are just likely to decrease server population. I don't think people are specifically not playing the server because these cuts are allowed at the moment.

So is this just for Scoria and WTF? if so then I ill be fine with that since players actually do skip the entire map but if its for the rest of the maps then im not OK with it the cuts on the other maps need to stay in, in a race you want the fastest time and simple cuts like in other maps save a few seconds to get the best time.

those cuts are still decently hard and not that many people can do it esp the wtf cut, but i agree that it makes the game more fun

I think they should stay as it does take a good amount skill and not anyone can do it. 

ITS not like the magicaly did those cuts first try if everyone practiced it they could do them to leave it if you dont like that then simply wait till next map or get better

I think removing the cuts would lower the skill ceiling and might possibly lose us some players. It's only a select few maps that have these cuts too, so I'm fine with keeping them.

Whenever I see Scoria/WTF on the server I almost always hop on. I just find it very fun to attempt the cuts. They should stay.

• Upvote 2

barely anyone can do the cuts and just cause they can do the cuts doesn't mean they will kill the monitor. Like i've not seen one person do the wtf cut and i only know a few people who can do the scoria one. And its only 2 maps its not like they are on every other map so i dont see the harm of having 2 cuts.

Unless you are stating your reason for voting please keep any other discussion in private messages. You've been arguing for days now there's almost no point, just vote and state your reason for voting. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Klay said:

Unless you are stating your reason for voting please keep any other discussion in private messages. You've been arguing for days now there's almost no point, just vote and state your reason for voting. Thanks.

Guessing this is referring to me considering my original post was removed.

1) I did vote.

2) My post CLEARLY did state my reasoning behind my vote.

3) I posted ONCE in the other topic stating my opinion on the matter, how does that class as "arguing for days now"?

Good job not reading my post, thought CMs were supposed to be good at their job...

1 hour ago, atrX said:

Guessing this is referring to me considering my original post was removed.

1) I did vote.

2) My post CLEARLY did state my reasoning behind my vote.

3) I posted ONCE in the other topic stating my opinion on the matter, how does that class as "arguing for days now"?

Good job not reading my post, thought CMs were supposed to be good at their job...

It was referring to me :P He deleted all my posts. when the last one stated the reason.

It kind of is dumb to try and prevent people from talking about this. If you prevent talking about it, you prevent people from being persuaded. Not that it really matters, there is a clear victor in the polls as of now. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, just_indian said:

What's the fps for the wtf cut?

3253 I believe.

• Upvote 1