MiKeY

Call of Duty 4 Mod Developer

Hello,

We're offering a Lead / Main Developer position to anyone with a lot of experience with modding for Call of Duty 4.

Skills Needed / Preferred:

• Excellent - Competent skill with modding for Call of Duty 4 / 5
  • Primarily with working with GSC & Menu files
  • Preferred skills in Asset Manager & Porting
  • Imagination. ( speaks for it's self )
  • A reasonable - good amount of free time to work on projects
  • A good understanding of programming tools ( sublime, atom, git, gitlab, sourcetree, git in general )
  • A love for change logs ( not required but so useful )
  • Communication skills. We like talking. Talking is good.

Requirements:

• This position is open to anyone that meets the following requirements:
  • Has a good to minimal standing in the community
  • Is an official member of Precision Gaming
  • Speaks reasonable English ( You'll be working with code written & commented in lazy English. Plus I don't speak any other language. Sorry )
  • Is not currently on fire. That's not helpful! Info:

Info:

Now I know that looks like a tall order but we're aiming to find someone that can take over the work load we ( I ) currently have for our mods. We've got a lot of things planned but no time to work on the mods ourselves.

Of course you're not going to be able to just say that you know the previously menitoned things and we'll hand you over a full mod sources. I've prepared a small test for anyone that applies for this position; nothing too scary but something that will allow you to show off your skills! ( those dank skill. Am I right?... anybody? )

If you're intrested then please don't be worried about the above requirements. We're looking for someone that is capable not a master mind. If you think your up for the job or would like a challenge then please don't hast to contact me either through my Pm's or [email protected] / [email protected]. I'll be sure to get back to you as soon as I can.

• Upvote 1

Does the person really have to be official member? I think we'd have a better chance of finding someone that fits the job that isn't official.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Acnologia said:

will this person get [80](for no reason) in server tho?

Yes.

• Downvote 3

3 hours ago, Seren said:

Does the person really have to be official member? I think we'd have a better chance of finding someone that fits the job that isn't official.a 

i completely agree with you but I want someone that knows the community. I can't spend all my time telling an outsider what the community wants. There is also other reasons for it too. 

3 hours ago, Acnologia said:

will this person get [80](for no reason) in server tho?

They'll be given what's needed but it's more likely that they'll have a custom permissions set. 

7 hours ago, Soap said:

I wanna take this test

Shit man doesn't look like anyone else wants you to.

And good luck for anyone who actually applies. 

Don't fucking break anything like manix did or I will destroy you

Just now, Klay said:

Shit man doesn't look like anyone else wants you to.

And good luck for anyone who actually applies. 

i just wanted to test my damn skils i didnt say make me the next lead dev they should be happy if i applied id make that shit dank.

42 minutes ago, Klay said:

they should be fine as long as they don't give it to some one that pretends they know what they're doing 

If you don't find anyone, I could prob do it if I have someone to ask questions too starting in about a month when my exams are over. I'm not really a pro though, but the options there if you need it.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, REX said:

If you don't find anyone, I could prob do it if I have someone to ask questions too starting in about a month when my exams are over. I'm not really a pro though, but the options there if you need it.

Anyone that joins will have complete access to my brain so they won't just be given a task and told to do it. I'll be there to help when I'm needed. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sentrex said:

Obviously I'm not very 'into' the PxG community, however as some of you probably know I know a fair amount about CoD4 modding and programming in general. Of course it would be my pleasure to help out, I recently started at University and have a ridiculous amount of free time so will be available almost all the time.

Currently I don't meet the requirements, however I'm planning on getting more into the PxG community. I may not seem active but I do spend a reasonable amount of time browsing; trying to get a feel for the community! I'm sure lots will change over the coming months.

Anyways, yeah, if you want a programmer with experienced skills in Mapping, Modding, GSC, C#, Java, Python, SQL and Database Management, basic skills in CoD4x, HTML, CSS, Blender and Maya then I'm your man.

^^^

Even though sentrex didn't do much at raid, if he says he has more time, I think you should let him help you :D

Just now, jwofles said:

^^^

Even though sentrex didn't do much at raid, if he says he has more time, I think you should let him help you :D

Yeah I still regret that, bad timing for me to accept such position due to only just getting into A Levels (the bane of my existence).

I understand this will have a huge effect on your opinion of my work ethic but I won't make the same mistakes again :)

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Sentrex said:

Obviously I'm not very 'into' the PxG community, however as some of you probably know I know a fair amount about CoD4 modding and programming in general. Of course it would be my pleasure to help out, I recently started at University and have a ridiculous amount of free time so will be available almost all the time.

Currently I don't meet the requirements, however I'm planning on getting more into the PxG community. I may not seem active but I do spend a reasonable amount of time browsing; trying to get a feel for the community! I'm sure lots will change over the coming months.

Anyways, yeah, if you want a programmer with experienced skills in Mapping, Modding, GSC, C#, Java, Python, SQL and Database Management, basic skills in CoD4x, HTML, CSS, Blender and Maya then I'm your man.

Send me a pm. You don't have to hit all the requirements. I'm just looking for someone competent. Hit me up and we can talk. 

2 hours ago, Sentrex said:

Definitely competent (You already asked him to pm) but I can vouch, seen his work both GSC and some other languages :) 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sentrex said:

I can speak for awhile about how much he had originally helped me when it came to first learning GSC. He was one of the main guys I went to when I needed help early on and he is probably even smarter now than he was back then about languages. Even though he isn't a community member, it doesn't really matter because he's familiar with a lot of people here(raid merge). I think it would be cool to give him a chance.

@Sentrex probably the best person you will get for an applicant @MiKeY. That post instantly gave me a boner when I read it. Best of luck to finding your person for the job.

• Upvote 3

I'm obviously the best choice. 

sentrex would be good

• Upvote 1

I can vouch for Sentrex being able to take over that role. I vouched for him before when I gave him the role at Raid, and I can agree that the reasons he didn't do much at Raid are completely justified. Definitely deserving of this role. 

But @Sentrex, be cautious of what you're accepting first while you're at uni. You have a lot of free time now but uni gets more and more time consuming towards the end of each trimester. And there will be a huge workload on the mod as the community is constantly evolving and "finishing" the given content, resulting in a desire for more. If you think you'll be able to stay on top of it all then I'd personally say you're more than capable of the job. 

I'd help you out with some custom weapon / animation related things if you'd like, I'm pretty expirienced with maya, all of the cod tools and assets. Probably wouldn't be the best guy at such position due to me not having too much time for the next couple of months, but I can create a few completely unique custom weapons for you.

Some recent work of mine ( BO3 ):

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Beatthat said:

I'd help you out with some custom weapon / animation related things if you'd like, I'm pretty expirienced with maya, all of the cod tools and assets. Probably wouldn't be the best guy at such position due to me not having too much time for the next couple of months, but I can create a few completely unique custom weapons for you.

Some recent work of mine ( BO3 ):

Have you at all messed around with the same stuff but for csgo?