REX

Homework Help

1 hour ago, Sharpienero said:

Tokenize the string, act on the functions independently, then combine. 

a.k.a. shunting yard right?

2 hours ago, vance said:

Did anyone here take APUSH and the exam? I have a question about the exam.

I did

2 hours ago, vance said:

Did anyone here take APUSH and the exam? I have a question about the exam.

It was really easy. If you got questions shoot em

1 hour ago, Josh said:

I did

1 hour ago, Black Jesus said:

It was really easy. If you got questions shoot em

I have a few questions actually, sorry..

• What was the hardest section of the exam? 
  • What period is the most important to study?
  • What's the difference between the DBQ and Long Essay?

I'm worried about the APUSH Exam this May, I got an A+ my first semester (final doesn't count in my class if you get an A, but you still have to take it) but my teacher said only 3 of his students passed last year. We did a DBQ as part of our final and I did not even get to finish it, it was so stressful for me even though it didn't count towards my grade. Thanks

Just now, vance said:

I have a few questions actually, sorry..

• What was the hardest section of the exam? 
  • What period is the most important to study?
  • What's the difference between the DBQ and Long Essay?

I'm worried about the APUSH Exam this May, I got an A+ my first semester (final doesn't count in my class if you get an A, but you still have to take it) but my teacher said only 3 of his students passed last year. We did a DBQ as part of our final and I did not even get to finish it, it was so stressful for me even though it didn't count towards my grade. Thanks

Hardest portion: Multiple choice because they're mostly document based. Lots of reading in a short time period

Time period most important: Mostly 1800's but late 1700's is also very prevalent. They had a solid mix of all times.

DBQ vs. Long Essay: The DBQ is an essay that you write based on a set of documents provided to you. The long essay has to be from memory.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

Hardest portion: Multiple choice because they're mostly document based. Lots of reading in a short time period

Time period most important: Mostly 1800's but late 1700's is also very prevalent. They had a solid mix of all times.

DBQ vs. Long Essay: The DBQ is an essay that you write based on a set of documents provided to you. The long essay has to be from memory.

Thank you, the multiple choice final I took (it was an exam from a few years ago) was quite easy, hopefully I won't have trouble on that. Short answer is easy for me. I'm just worried about the DBQ, especially if I get something that I studied less. As for the long essay, we haven't practiced it yet but it seems pretty simple, but could be trouble if I studied the topic of the question less.

Just now, vance said:

Thank you, the multiple choice final I took (it was an exam from a few years ago) was quite easy, hopefully I won't have trouble on that. Short answer is easy for me. I'm just worried about the DBQ, especially if I get something that I studied less. As for the long essay, we haven't practiced it yet but it seems pretty simple, but could be trouble if I studied the topic of the question less.

You're supposed to use the documents to support your answer to the prompt

2 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

You're supposed to use the documents to support your answer to the prompt

Yes, but the topic I got I was less familiar with and it was kind of troubling to understand the documents.

thanks black jesus

10 minutes ago, vance said:

Yes, but the topic I got I was less familiar with and it was kind of troubling to understand the documents.

That's what studying is for

10 minutes ago, HawkSlayerr said:

Fuck apush 

i found a way that works for my calculator but it's rly shit and complicated:/ didn't tokenize to parse

I would've tokenized, then checked the PeMDAS operators. Just my personal input. 

4 minutes ago, Sharpienero said:

I would've tokenized, then checked the PeMDAS operators. Just my personal input. 

Please

Excuse

My

Dope

Ass

Swag

20 hours ago, Sharpienero said:

Idc about order of operations 

11 minutes ago, HawkSlayerr said:

Idc about order of operations 

Then you can tokenize based on the operators (I.e split based off of those operators, then take derivatives that way).

• Upvote 1

On 2017-01-09 at 8:12 PM, Sharpienero said:

Then you can tokenize based on the operators (I.e split based off of those operators, then take derivatives that way).

That seems hard :( but I see ur idea. At this point I'm so far in that I don't rly wanna restart. Maybe I'll try it later..

Hi peoples, 

I know some exams are approaching so figured i would bump this thread as some people may not know about it, and in case it could be useful for anyone needing some help. 

Carry on.

• Upvote 2

With school starting back up I feel like bumping this topic to let our newer members and remind those of us that this topic exists and I suggest taking advantage of this for those who are either too shy or too lazy or whatever the case may be to seek an actual tutor. 

"Carry on" - REX

• Sad 1